NOVEMBER 9, 2020 9:00 A.M. TO 8:00 P.M. BALGONIE MULTIPLEX HALL
ADVANCE POLL – OCTOBER 28 4:00 P.M. TO 7:00 P.M. BALGONIE TOWN OFFICE
The following 9 Candidates have let their names stand for the position of Councillor for the Town of Balgonie in the upcoming Municipal Election. There are 6 Council positions.
|BLISS, Aleesha||Massage Therapist||Nomination Documents|
|LAING, Michelle||Postmaster||Nomination Documents|
|LAPCHUK, Doug||Small Business Owner||Nomination Documents|
|LARSEN, Derek||Client Technology Manager||Nomination Documents|
|LOVELACE, Lain||Professional Engineer, SaskPower||Nomination Documents|
|MEIER, Dwayne||Journeyman Electrician||Nomination Documents|
|SCHNEIDER, Chad||SaskPower Manager||Nomination Documents|
|SOLIE, Kelvin||SaskTel/Retired||Nomination Documents|
|WAGMAN, Janet A.||Business Auditor/Retired||Nomination Documents|
A person is eligible to vote in a municipality or school division who, on the Election Day:
- Is a Canadian citizen;
- Is at least 18 years of age;
- Has resided in Saskatchewan for at least six consecutive months immediately preceding the day of the election; and,
- Has resided in the municipality for at least three consecutive months immediately preceding the day of the election; or
- is the owner of assessable land situated in the municipality for at least three consecutive months immediately preceding the day of the election.
When you come to vote, you will be asked to:
- Complete a Voter’s Registration form declaring that you are eligible to vote
- Show identification:
- Government issued photo ID that shows your name and address or:
- Two forms of identification showing your name (one of which must have your address).
- VOTERS are strongly encouraged to wear a mask inside the polling station at the Multiplex. Please bring your own, though we will have some available for those that have forgotten.
- Follow all signage upon entering and ensure a 2m distance between yourself and other voters.
- Exit as soon as you have finished voting by following the signs to exit.
- Although we will provide sanitized pens for you to use when completing the Voter Registration Form, you may bring your own with you to the poll.
- A pencil will be provided for you to vote, and you may take that home, or deposit in the used pencil container on your way out.
- If possible, vote during non-peak hours when the polling place is less busy.
- Use the hand sanitizers provided for you before voting.