Thursday August 23rd 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Barricades will be in place while paving from Herauf Street to Highway #46 is completed.
We ask that you please use other access points to and from town, for this area.
Thank you for your patience.
Today, Ralph Goodale, Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness, on behalf of Amarjeet Sohi, Minister of Infrastructure and Communities, and Indian Head-Milestone MLA Don McMorris on behalf of Government Relations Minister Donna Harpauer, announced funding for an estimated $6.4 million expansion for the Town of Balgonie’s wastewater system to better serve the community and position it for growth.
Starting Monday afternoon, the Eastbound On ramp at Balgonie will be reopened to traffic, allowing the Highway 1 Eastbound traffic to travel north on Highway 46 and south on Highway 622 via the bridge interchange.
Phase 2 Traffic Restrictions
1. NEW closure includes the Westbound On ramp. – Highway 1 Westbound via the bridge.
2. Traffic wanting to travel East or West on Highway 1 will need to use the North Service Road and access the highway at White City.
Work on the Balgonie Bridge is scheduled to be completed prior to the August long weekend, weather permitting.
Beginning Monday, July 9, a detour will be in effect to allow for the completion of finishing work on the Balgonie Overpass. The work will take place in two phases and will take up to four weeks to complete, weather permitting.
– East bound ramp off of Highway 1
– East bound ramp on to Highway 1
– Approximately four weeks, weather permitting
– No westbound restrictions
– Traffic heading east from Highway 46 at Balgonie must travel west to the White City Overpass to access Highway 1 East (red arrows on map)
– Traffic heading east to Balgonie on Highway 1 must exit at the White City Overpass and use the North Service Road to access the town