Fire Chief Dave Campbell has given his resignation to the Town of Balgonie effective Dec. 31, 2021. Though filling his boots will be a tall order, the Town Council is in the process of selecting a replacement that will train alongside Chief Campbell for his last month.
Candidates will provide their submission of interest by October 29, 2021 for Town Council’s consideration. The Volunteer Fire Chief job description can be obtained by contacting the Town of Balgonie at [email protected]
The Government of Saskatchewan is mandating a proof of vaccination requirement for many different forms of public access on October 1st, 2021. The following addresses the measures that will impact patrons of the Arena.
At the Town of Balgonie Arena, masks will continue to be required for all people entering the facility.
Masks are required for everyone and can only be removed in the following circumstances:
- While eating/drinking if a person is fully vaccinated.
- On-ice participants under 18 years of age, for the duration of the sport only.
- On-ice participants over 18 years of age if that participant can demonstrate they are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 for the duration of the sport only.
Each team or organization using the facility is responsible for ensuring that their team and spectators are aware and following the Public Health Order.
For anyone wishing to watch the live steam of a game has the option to view games on the “Live Barn” app.
Please note that each league or Provincial sport association may have additional requirements that exceed the ones listed above.
As new information is provided to us and reviewed, the Town will update the public.
TOWN OF BALGONIE EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The Town of Balgonie is accepting applications for the position for Office Assistant from 28-35 hours per
Office Assistant Qualifications / Skills:
- Basic office skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Microsoft Office software skills
- Keyboard, word processing, and publisher skills
- Dependability and professionalism
- Attention to detail
- Administrative writing and reporting skills
- Municipal experience – knowledge of Munisoft would be an asset
- Positive attitude and willingness to work alongside other Staff, Council Members and Ratepayers
This position offers a Pension Plan. A Benefit package and a Group Health plan is offered after probation period is complete. The wage, depending on experience, will start at $22.00/hour. A Criminal Record Check will be required upon employment.
Please submit your resume on or before October 14, 2021 stating experience, education, qualifications,and references to the address below.
Town of Balgonie
Balgonie, SK S0G 0E0
Email: [email protected]
ALL APPLICANTS ARE APPRECIATED; HOWEVER, ONLY THOSE SELECTED, WILL BE CONTACTED.
The pool is officially closed.
Thank you to the Balgonie Swimming Pool for another great year!
We look forward to another great summer of swimming lessons and public swimming in 2022!