Bridge construction to delay traffic on Highway 33 near Tower Road beginning Tuesday
Motorists can expect traffic delays on Highway 33 near Tower Road starting Tuesday, April 4, weather permitting.
Traffic will be reduced to a single lane with flaggers providing directions for one way alternating travel through the work zone. This change in traffic flow will allow for construction on the new Highway 33 overpass.
Delays or stoppages can be expected each hour as the Regina Bypass team moves girders into place for the overpass. The entire process should be completed by Sunday, April 9.
Motorists are reminded to watch for workers and equipment and slow down to the posted speed limit through the work zone.
The patience and understanding of motorists and residents is appreciated as work continues on the Regina Bypass project. When completed, the Regina Bypass will improve safety, reduce traffic congestion and increase efficiency for truckers and shippers.
If you have any questions about the Regina Bypass please call the 24-hour Contact Centre at 1.844.679.4828.
Message from the Regina Bypass:
As part of our ongoing construction of the Regina Bypass, we will be resurfacing six kilometres of Highway 1 East between Tower Road and Pilot Butte, in early April.
What You Need to Know:
- The preparation for the resurfacing of the Highway 1 east-bound lanes is targeted to begin in April, weather permitting.
- Once the preparation work begins, motorists will use crossover lanes to smoothly transition from divided to undivided highway travel.
- Gravel Pit Road will continue to have portable traffic lights to safely accommodate traffic during construction.
- To assist with traffic flow during construction, portable traffic lights will be added at Tower Road.
- To accommodate the resurfacing of the Highway 1west-bound lanes, all traffic will be moved to the newly resurfaced east-bound lanes in July, weather permitting.
- Motorists can expect short delays due to speed reduction as they make their commute to and from Regina.
We want to thank all residents for their patience and understanding as we work to improve the long-term safety and transportation system in the area.
If you require additional information or have a specific question, please visit www.reginabypass.ca or call 1-844-679-4828.
Prairie Valley School Division offers French Immersion programming at École White City School for Kindergarten to Grade 6 students and at Lumsden Elementary School for Kindergarten to Grade 2. A higher level grade is added to the program each year so students can continue their education as the program grows.
For more information, please visit Prairie Valley School Division – French Immersion