The Town of Balgonie is initiating a public consultation regarding a new 4-way stop at the intersection of Assiniboia Bay and Assiniboia Street. The purpose of the proposal is to slow the traffic along Greenall Street where there are currently no traffic calming measures.
- Greenall Street is now linked between the older and newer sections of Westview.
- Increased development has increased traffic through the neighbourhood.
- Housing will continue to be developed in the area and this will increase future traffic.
- Local traffic is using Greenall and Assiniboia Street to avoid traffic devices that exist in other routes.
- Some local residents brought forward their concerns for traffic control to Town Council.
The properties within the distance of one intersection from the proposed 4-way stop have been sent correspondence requesting their input to this proposal.
Feedback from other interested parties is also welcome and Council will review all feedback at the October 28, 2019 meeting of Council.
If you wish to contribute your thoughts on this subject, please send your responses, in writing, to the Town of Balgonie. You may provide this by answering the attached questionnaire and returning to the Town of Balgonie Administration office:
- In person, 129 Railway St. E. Monday to Friday, 9:00 to 12:00 and 1:00 to 5:00 p.m.
- By mail, Box 310, Balgonie, SK S0G 0E0
- By email, [email protected]
Responses should be received no later than 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, October 24, 2019.
32nd Annual Dinner Theatre
Balgonie Community in Co-operation with Tumbleweed Theatre Presents:
Four Old Broads
Adult Comedy By Leslie Kimbell Director: Arlene Janzen & Derek Klaassen
November 1 & 2 and 8 & 9, 2019
Box office: Sunday October 13, 2019
Balgonie Multiplex 9:00 –11:00 a.m.
Park your car in order of arrival. Numbers will be passed out at 6:00 a.m.
Leaving a car unattended overnight does not hold your spot in line.
For more information call: 306-771-4343 or 306-771-2284